Project Officer – Starting date: January 2022.
The selected candidate will support the DHC+ team in managing a growing portfolio of EU funded projects and carrying out related tasks. Projects range from renewable heating and cooling to integrated energy system. The selected candidate will be responsible for the implementation of a number of EU projects (circa 4 projects) and will support the DHC+ team in the knowledge transfer activities and member engagement.
Euroheat & Power is the international network for district energy, promoting sustainable heating and cooling in Europe and beyond. We are a non-for-profit association headquartered in Brussels with an enthusiastic team of 15 young professionals. Our members come from over thirty countries around the globe and include national district heating and cooling associations, utilities operating district energy systems, industrial associations and companies, manufacturers, universities, research institutes and consultancies active in the sector. Set up under the umbrella of Euroheat & Power, DHC+ Technology Platform is the European hub for research & innovation in district heating and cooling.
Project Officer Responsibilities
Reports to the Head of Projects and Head of Knowledge Transfer
EU project management 70%
- Responsibility for Euroheat/DHC+ participation in selected EU-funded projects. Euroheat’ s typical role in EU projects is communication and dissemination (as WP leader or partner), education and training and policy recommendations drafting.
- The selected person is expected to be very autonomous and responsible for planning and implementing tasks, respecting deadlines for deliverables and drafting technical and financial reports.
- Representation of Euroheat/DHC+ at project meetings and events, make online and in-person presentations around Europe.
- Support the development of new projects, creation of consortia and highlight funding opportunities for DHC+ members.
Knowledge transfer and member engagement 30%
- Support the work of the DHC+ secretariat and ensure effective information sharing, cooperation, and communication with DHC+ and EHP members
- Actively engage members and other relevant EU-funded projects, seek, and coordinate their contribution to the DHC Knowledge Hub (the database of district heating and cooling related resources); regularly update the Knowledge Hub with new resources
- General DHC+ related and EU project related communications and support:
- Provide input to EHP/DHC+ events, newsletters, and general communication activities
- Lead or give support to internal task forces / working groups
- Support the development of EHP/DHC+ in its daily work
- At least 1-2 years of experience in EU-funded projects management/implementation.
- Experience in the field of communication, preferably as communication work package leader.
- Basic knowledge of H2020 and HEU rules.
- Precise and organized.
- Excellent English (written & spoken).
- Autonomous, creative, entrepreneurial.
- Passionate about sustainable energy.
- Strong communication skills. Familiarity with content management systems (such as WordPress, Preside) and communication /design programmes (such as InDesign and Photoshop) is an asset.
- Full-time job in a dynamic & growing sector, involvement in a wide range of responsibilities & projects with a high level of independence.
- Excellent team spirit in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible home working policy (office presence minimum 2 days/week)
- Salary package + Lunch Vouchers, Net Representations Costs, Ecochèques, Transportation Reimbursement (legal level) &Eligibility for bonus scheme.
Please apply by sending your CV, together with a short cover letter and track record of involvement in EU projects to [email protected] with the subject line “Project Officer” until end November 2021 at the latest. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews with the shortlisted candidates will be held in December.